A company’s learning programs are primarily focused on the goal of enabling it’s people, helping them acquire competencies for immediate on-the-job applications. It is the major artery that infuses expertise and knowledge into sales and profits, customer service, efficient systems and adherence to regulations.
It is highly critical for employee performance and legal compliance.
eLearning programs - products, applications, processes, software, people skills,onboarding, etc.and compliance to government regulations such as statutes, audits, sanctions, penalties, legal actions, etc. – are fundamental, indispensable and pivotal to the success or failure of any business.
It is accepted truth that even these well-intentioned learning thrusts may become simple “massive data dumps” if not properly managed. Huge amounts of information (especially statistics, legalese, procedures, policies) do not captivate learners.
“Boring,” “Difficult to retain,” “Hard to
grasp,” and “Long,” are common complaints you hear.
Learners end up frustrated and unable to
grasp and retain critical content for applying to their jobs.
Re-energize and transform elearning programs using story-based methods and make them shorter, easier and faster for the learner.
The key is to start relating your content to story
events. When you utilize the Story-Based eLearning Design
approach for your technical and compliance programs, you will:
- Transform and re-energize your elearning programs
- Raise learners’ interactivity levels
- Chunk and boil down your learning
material to provide much greater impact
- Create faster, easier and more effective
- Cut training time significantly
and improve learners’ performance
This innovative learning design and delivery method is a proven way to improve content retention.
The Story-based eLearning Design Workshop
The Story-based Technical and Compliance
eLearning Design Workshop enables you to convert existing
or new technical and compliance eLearning content into stimulating
Workshop participants learn how to transform
procedures, products, policies, processes, technical data,
rules and regulations into easy and immersive elearning.
You will develop skills in creating interactive
and discovery- learning methods where the content is embedded
in real-life events.
Participants practice the application of
Story-Based Design methods using interesting and engaging
success stories, customer complaints, product recalls, penalties,
legal infractions, lawsuits, product defects, lost sales,
quick solutions, etc. to help learners turn technical and
compliance information into personalized and meaningful learning
At the end of the workshop, participants
will have gained the knowledge and confidence to apply a new
set of skills to revolutionize their elearning programs using the story-based methods learned.
Who should attend?
The workshop is valuable to the following:
- Subject Matter Experts(SMEs)
- Instructional Designers
- eLearning designers and developers
- eLearning writers and producers
- Trainers and presenters
- Project Leaders and champions
- Everyone who wants to apply the Story-Based
Design to elearning
Why should you attend?
- Become a Certified Story-Based
- Re-skill from traditional design and development
to story-based methods
- Obtain tools, demos, samples and templates
to transform technical and compliance courses to Story-based
- Learn how to reduce cost and speed up
elearning program development
In this workshop, participants will learn to:
- Obtain the “Proofs”
based on research and scientific findings supporting the
effectiveness of the Story-Based elearning Design.
- Demonstrate the cost benefits of Story-Based
elearning in customer satisfaction, reduction of production
costs, savings from product support and compliance.
- Differentiate the key distinctions between
traditional instructional design and Story-Based eLearning
- Implement the “Story-Based Instructional
Design Process and Project Plan” – from interviewing
SMEs to development of the eLearning program.
- Use “Story Mapping Grid”
to discover stories to match your technical and compliance
- Construct modules and lessons that are
only 3-minute long using a powerful story method.
- Apply the “SRIA Model”
(Set up, Relate, Interpret and Apply) in building Story-Based
- Incorporate the “Oscillation Technique"
and "Organics” of weaving small stories
into a full program.
- Apply the “15 Story-Based Design
- Develop learning objectives, test questions
and exercises using story-based methods.
- Use “Process-Based Tracking Systems”
to gauge learning and applications.
- Develop reusable standards, templates
and processes for Story-Based design and development.
- Incorporate “Gaming Stories”
in interactive designs.
- Apply “Workplace Incidents”
like troubleshooting, defects, errors, heroic endeavors,
compliance failures, best formulas, tips, experiences, turnarounds,
etc. as inspiration for designing eLearning.
- Implement “Stacking Experiences”
methods to facilitate the creation of “wisdom-based
eLearning” solutions provided through a collections
of stories and experiences.
Live demos and examples
From examples of Story-Based eLearning lessons,
participants will learn:
- Software applications
- Product and service features
- Engineering processes and methods
- Technical specifications
- Compliance in safety, employment law,
financial services, manufacturing, utilities, agriculture,
mining, construction, transportation, education, etc.
- Onboarding and people skills
- Sales and Client Relationship Management
- Other demos and examples
- Significant Improvement of your skills
- Gain the opportunity to learn an innovative
- Help your company reduce costs and increase
speed of development
- Obtain tools, demos, templates, reusable
exercises and stories to make your job easier
- Attend and experience an interactive and
- You can become a lead in-house consultant
- You can be a better consultant to your clients.
- You can be an in-house training specialist in Story-Based eLearning Design.
To support Certified Designers in their implementation
of the Story-based Technical and Compliance eLearning Design,
participants will enjoy these add-on benefits within a period of one year after the workshop.
- Access to advance research work and demo
versions of finished eLearning products
- Coaching and critique of your work by
Ray Jimenez and his associates
- Ideation and brainstorming conversations
with Ray Jimenez and his associates
- Quarterly special insight webinars
- Special limited permission to use the
proprietary and copyrighted materials, presentations and
examples by Ray Jimenez
Workshop participants describe Ray as
“fun,” “engaging,” “technically savvy,” “provocative,” “inspiring,”
and “has depth and experience in Story-based eLearning Design.”
Ray Jimenez, Ph.D., spent 15 years with Coopers & Lybrand
in the areas of management consulting and implementation of
learning technology solutions. Ray is the author of 3-Minute
e-Learning, Scenario-Based Learning, Do-It-Yourself
eLearning, Story Impacts Learning and Performance
eBook and an upcoming book Story-Based eLearning
Design. Ray has worked with American Bankers Association,
Neiman Marcus, the U.S. Air Force, NASA, Blue Cross, Goodwill
Industries, Pixar Studios, Edison Missing Group, Dendreon,
Netafim, Progressive Insurance, Bridgepoint Education and
California Institute of Technology, to name a few.
He is the Chief Learning Architect for www.VignettesLearning.com. Ray
teaches at the University of California, Irvine; University
of Texas Southwest Medical Center, Dallas; Assumption University,
Bangkok and Open Learning University, Hong Kong. He is a sought-after
expert and workshop facilitator for Training Magazine, eLearning
Guild and ASTD Conferences. Ray is the architect of www.trainingmagnetwork.com
(a community of 70,000 members),www.try.storyimpacts.com,
and other learning platforms and authoring tools. Ray has
authored and developed hundreds of Story-Based eLearning lessons
including Story Impacts, Vignettes, Storytakes
about Ray Jimenez
to see more...